From 1 July 2022 the temporary Medicare CoVID-19 measures that allowed Telehealth consultations by telephone are no longer available. All Telehealth consultations must now be by *VIDEO* in order to qualify for a Medicare rebate.
Requirements for Telehealth
NB: Not all conditions are suitable for Telehealth and generally face-to-face appointments are preferred.
- A large screen device, such as a PC, Mac, iPad or Android Tablet is preferred, but a mobile phone can also be used. You must be seated and not driving during the consultation.
- The device needs camera, microphone and speakers (Medicare requirement).
- Dr Ciin uses Google Duo for Telehealth consultations.
- If you are using a PC or Mac with webcam and microphone, you can use Google Duo from within your browser. Browse to https://duo.google.com, and then click on the “Duo for web” button. You will need a Google account to sign in. If you do not have a Google account, you can create one for free (by clicking on the “Create account” link on the sign in page). You will need to give Dr Ciin the email address associated with the Google account, so that she can call you at the time of the appointment.
- If you are using a mobile phone, iPad or Tablet, you need to install the app in advance. For Apple devices this can be found in the App Store or for Android devices this can be found in Google Play Store (search for “Google Duo”). On all devices except an iPhone, it will be necessary to sign in using your Google account when opening the app. If you do not have a Google account, you can create one for free. On the iPhone (but not the iPad), it is possible to use Duo without a Google account and just your phone number. You will need to give Dr Ciin the email address associated with the Google account (or on the iPhone, the phone number that your registered with), so that she can call you at the time of the appointment.
- More details on setup and configuring Google Duo on various devices are available from the Google website: https://support.google.com/duo
- Well in advance of your appointment, you need to make sure that you have suitable equipment (see above) for the consultation and if using a phone or tablet that the Google Duo app is installed (see above).
- Make sure that Dr Ciin’s rooms have been supplied with the email address (or phone number) associated with Google Duo on your device
- Shortly before the appointment ensure that your device is turned on and that you are logged into Google Duo.
- Around the start of the appointment Dr Ciin will call you. Please be aware that sometimes this may be a few minutes late.
- Any scripts or radiology/pathology referrals will be emailed/posted to you after the consultation. If posted, it may take a few days for you to receive these.