Requirements for Telehealth
From 1 January 2022 the temporary Medicare CoVID-19 measures that allowed Telehealth consultations by telephone are no longer available. All Telehealth consultations must now be by *VIDEO* in order to qualify for a Medicare rebate.
NB: Not all conditions are suitable for Telehealth
- A large screen device, such as a PC, Mac, iPad or Android Tablet is preferred, but a mobile phone can also be used. You must not be driving during the consultation.
- The device needs camera, microphone and speakers (Medicare requirement).
- Dr Ciin uses GoToMeeting® for Telehealth consultations.
- If you are using a PC or Mac, when you click on the link any necessary software will download automatically. (You can also join manually by going to https://app.gotomeeting.com, and entering the session ID (the number at the end of the link in the email (after “/join/”). If you do this the meeting will run entirely within the web browser (Chrome recommended) without any additional download.)
- If you are using a mobile phone, iPad or Tablet, you need to install the app in advance. For Apple devices this can be found in the App Store or for Android devices this can be found in Google Play Store (or search for “GoToMeeting”).
- If you want to check everything is working before your consultation, click on this link: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/333699349
- Well in advance of your appointment, you need to make sure that you have suitable equipment (see above) for the consultation and if using a phone or tablet that the GoToMeeting app is installed (see above).
- You need to test the setup well in advance of the appointment
- You will be sent an email (approximately) at your appointment time. This email will contain a link to join the consultation, which will look something like “https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/333699349“.
- Any scripts or radiology/pathology referrals will be emailed/posted to you after the consultation. If posted, it may take a few days for you to receive these.